Leadership Triangle believes it is incumbent upon our organization to support “new executives” and to introduce them to others in comparable positions. It also believes it is an opportunity for spouses or partners to gain an even deeper understanding of the region, and how they may give back. Through social gatherings around the region, with presentations by key regional leaders, they are equipped with tools to make a significant contribution to our great community. Jim Goodmon, President and CEO of Capitol Broadcasting Company, and chair emeritus of Leadership Triangle, is the facilitator of this class series. Leadership Triangle partners with Research Triangle Regional Partnership to create and implement all classes.
Executive Leaders Program
“My wife, Celeste, and I found the Executive Program to be of great benefit to us and to SunTrust. Over the course of the program, we engaged in meaningful discussions about opportunities and challenges facing the Triangle. We met business and community leaders from every corner of our region and established connections and friendships that we maintained well beyond our graduation. Winkie La Force and Jim Goodmon have done an excellent job in establishing this program and I recommend it highly.”
Central Carolina Region President
2017-2018 Class Schedule
Thursday, August 24th, 2017: Orientation and Welcome
6:30 p.m. at Durham Bulls Baseball Park
Gather in the Capitol Broadcasting Corporate Suite.
This gathering is sponsored by Wells Fargo.
September 2017: Night at the Museum “Race in the Triangle”
6:30-9:30 p.m. NC Museum of Natural Sciences
Tuesday, October 24th : “Our Region in 5 to 10 Years…We’re Growing”
6:30-9:30 p.m. Location The Goodmon Home
Thursday, January 18th: “The Creative Class & Entrepreneurship – Fueling the Region”
Location: American Underground – Durham, NC
Thursday, February 22nd: Public Office and Government
Thursday, March 22, 2018: On the Yard – Driving the Region
6:30 -9:30 p.m.
Location and Sponsored by: The Ingram Collection, Durham
- Wendell Davis, County Manager, Durham County Government, and Marlena Davis, Accountant, UNC School of Medicine, OBGYN
- Damon Dishman, Area President, Wells Fargo, and Dr. Meaghan Dishman, Owner, Bloom Integrative Health
- Tashni-Ann Dubroy, President, Shaw University, and Dale Dubroy, UTC Aerospace
- Geoff Durham, President/CEO, Downtown Durham, and Lisa Durham
- Jim Geikie, V-P, International Business Development, Burt’s Bees
- Tim Giuliani, President/CEO, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, and Sarah Giuliani, Professor, University of Florida
- Jim Hansen, Regional President, PNC Bank, and Katherine Hansen
- Dr. Eugene Washington, Chancellor for Health Affairs & President and CEO, Duke University Health System, and Marie Washington
- Dr. Brian Ralph, President, William Peace University, and Kristen Ralph
- Jim Goodmon, President/CEO, Capitol Broadcasting Company, and Chair Emeritus, Leadership Triangle, and Goodmon Fellow, Barbara Goodmon
- Michael Goodmon, Vice President, Real Estate, Capitol Broadcasting Company, and Board Chair, Leadership Triangle, and Goodmon Fellow, Liz Goodmon